- 09/11/2020 - Travelers from "red countries" (including Czech citizens and foreign nationals) must complete an arrival form and show a negative PCR test or undergo quarantine upon entering to the Czech Republic
- 05/11/2020 - The Czech Republic reported 15,729 new coronavirus cases
- 03/11/2020 - Czech Republic asks WHO for emergency help against coronavirus surge
- 29/10/2020 - The Czech Republic has its third health minister in just six weeks as the country grapples with a worsening coronavirus outbreak
- 28/10/2020 - Czech Republic reports 15,663 new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
- 26/10/2020 - Additional ventilators dispatched to Czechia via the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- 22/10/2020 - The Czech Republic heads into the second lockdown
- 21/10/2020 - As of Thursday morning, most shops and services will close due to the fight against coronavirus
- 21/10/2020 - First-grade children do not have to return to school in early November
- 21/10/2020 - 28 military doctors from the United States will come to the Czech Republic to fight the coronavirus pandemic
- 20/10/2020 - Czech minister flags more restrictions as COVID-19 patients flood hospitals
- 19/10/2020 - Covid hotels are opening in the Czech Republic
- 16/10/2020 - Two-thirds of Czechs do not want to be vaccinated with covid-19 vaccine
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment.
COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly through close contact from person to person, including between people who are physically near each other (within about 6 feet).
People who are infected but do not show symptoms can also spread the virus to others.
COVID-19 information hotline (dial 1221) is also available in English from anywhere in the Czech Republic on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information hot lines:
Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic: EN 225131820
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic: 224183200, 224183100
Ministry of Industry and Trade: 224854444
Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic: 974815394, 974815395, 974815396
Symptoms of coronavirus infection can be:
Shortness of breath
Loss of smell and taste.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and others.
Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Stay home if you feel unwell.
If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
Avoid going to crowded places.
Stay home immediately when you feel sick! If the symptoms require medical attention, contact the nearest health center or hospital by telephone.