COVID-19 Daily Forecast for the 20/10/2020
*RespondEU monitoring a total of 40 European countries (+Turkey, Israel). For full list of countries monitored by RespondEU please use this link https://respondeu.com/covid-19/ !
*Our statistic is for information purpose only. We are not official COVID-19 agency. We are trying our best to provide you with the most accurate statistic.
Per our statistic, for Tuesday 20th of October, there was a total of 151,239 new positive coronavirus cases. That is +14,749 more new positive cases than the day before.
From the start of the pandemic, there were 8,098,884 people infected with the coronavirus.
Top 5 countries with the highest number of the new positive cases reported per day
- United Kingdom 21,331
- France + 20,468
- Russia + 16,319
- Spain + 13,873
- Italy + 10,874
Top 5 countries with the lowest number of the new positive cases reported per day
- Estonia + 42
- Norway + 76
- Iceland + 92
- Latvia + 115
- Montenegro + 132
Breaking News of the Day
- Spain - The Spanish government is considering new restrictions, including possible curfews to fight against new coronavirus wave
- France - French health workers raise alarm about difficult working conditions
- United Kingdom - UK airports losing £83m a week due to coronavirus
- Israel - Israel is planning to start with a human trial of COVID-19 vaccine candidate ‘Brilife’ by the end of October
- Ukraine - President Volodymyr Zelensky has announced that Ukraine will return to a strict lockdown if the daily number of new COVID-19 cases exceed 9,500
- Belgium - The health situation in Belgium is worse than in March during the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Netherlands - Over eight thousand people tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection for the fourth day straight
- Poland - Poland announces a new plan to combat Covid-19
- Belarus - Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Belarus exceeds 88,900
- Czech Republic - Czech minister flags more restrictions as COVID-19 patients flood hospitals
- Ireland - Bars and restaurants will be allowed to offer only takeout services, but schools and essential stores will remain open
- Bulgaria - Masks become mandatory outdoors from Thursday, 22/10/2020. The measure will be in force until the end of November
- Croatia - 22,372 people are currently in self-isolation