Several people injured in Vienna, Austria
There is a report that several people have been injured in the exchange of fire in Vienna. ORF reported large-scale police operation was ongoing at a Vienna synagogue following the gunfire. On the official Twitter channel, police informed the exact circumstance of the incident is still under investigation.
- Austrian Interior Minister confirmed police still hunting multiple terrorists in the city centre
- There are multiple casualties confirmed
- One suspect has been shot dead
- More than 15 people injured
- As a result of the attack on Monday night, three people were killed and 17 were wounded
- Austrian Interior Minister Karl Nehammer says the attacker shot down by police was an Islamic State sympathizer
- Police confirmed on Tuesday that three civilians - two men and a woman - had been killed
- Two arrests had been made in the nearby town of St Poelten
This is breaking news. We will continue to monitor the situation, and keep you posted with updates!